You may be entitled to financial compensation if you have sustained injuries after a motorcycle accident in South Carolina. But getting the compensation you deserve for your damages and injuries can be challenging. If you are injured in a motorcycle accident, you can level the game by hiring a motorcycle accident attorney.
If you've been involved in a motorcycle accident, there are things that you should do to help the outcome of your case:
- Contact the Police: Immediately after a motorcycle accident, you should call the police to report the incident. Ensure you provide as much information as possible, including your injuries and the time and location of the accident. The police report is essential as it can be used as evidence in your claim.
- Seek Medical Attention: Seeking medical attention after your accident is important to ensure your injuries are treated in a timely manner. Even if you do not think you are hurt, it helps to get checked by a medical professional. Sometimes, injuries can hide due to the adrenaline rush after an accident. Seeing a doctor is essential to get any injuries checked, treated, and documented.
- Gather Evidence: Evidence plays a significant role in your case. The more substantial evidence you have, the higher the chances of winning your case. Take photos of any damages to your motorcycle and the accident scene. Make sure you capture any injuries you may have suffered. You should do this as soon as possible because the evidence can disappear quickly, which is a plus for the insurance company. You should also get contact information from independent eyewitnesses who may have witnessed the accident. Having sufficient evidence can help defeat any defense and eliminate liability.
- Contact Your Insurance Provider: It also makes sense to notify your insurance provider of the accident and provide any necessary documents. These can include medical bills, receipts, and other medical-related documents. Contacting your insurance company is required to kickstart the process of filing a compensation claim for damages. It will also protect you from any legal liability from the accident.
- Contact a Motorcycle Accident Attorney: Fighting with the insurance company can be extremely taxing and yield disappointing results. Doing it alone can be extremely risky since you do not match what they have in terms of expertise and experience. Contacting a motorcycle accident attorney can keep you from sabotaging your case without even realizing it. An attorney will help protect your rights and walk you through the complicated legal process to ensure you get compensated for your injuries.
Our Charleston Motorcycle Accident Attorneys Can Help
If you are seriously injured in a motorcycle accident, our attorneys at Lesemann & Associates can help you navigate the long, complex legal process. Contact us online to get help from our experienced Charleston motorcycle accident attorneys.